Get your next Smart Home designed and installed with help from the talented staff at VoIPex.
Internet and Network Design
Designing a home network involves planning and setting up the necessary infrastructure to ensure reliable connectivity and efficient communication between devices. Here’s a list of what VoIPex can do to help ensure your home network is designed and installed for your needs:
- Assessment of Requirements:
- Identify the number and types of devices that will be connected to the network (computers, smartphones, tablets, smart TVs, gaming consoles, smart home devices, etc.).
- Consider the network’s intended use, such as internet browsing, streaming, online gaming, or working from home.
- Internet nbn service: Any knock down rebuild requires the developer to liaise with nbn to ensure a broadband service will be available after completion. VoIPex can manage this on your behalf.
- Local wired and wireless network: VoIPex can help you plan for a combination of wired (Ethernet) and wireless connections. You should consider running Ethernet cables for devices that require high-speed and stable connections (e.g., desktop computers, gaming consoles). And use Wi-Fi for mobile devices, laptops, and smart home devices.
- Network hardware selection and installation: We can assist you to choose a router that meets your speed requirements and supports the latest Wi-Fi standards.
Clipsal Wiser Smart Lighting Solutions
Smart lighting systems using Clipsal Wiser typically offer advanced features and capabilities for controlling and automating lighting in homes or buildings. Here’s a general description of how smart lighting with Clipsal Wiser might work:
- Wireless Connectivity: Clipsal Wiser smart lighting systems often use wireless communication protocols such as Zigbee or Z-Wave. This allows for easy installation and communication between various smart devices.
- Centralized Control: The system is usually controlled through a central hub or a smart home controller. This hub connects to the Clipsal Wiser ecosystem and allows users to manage their smart lighting from a single interface.
- Mobile App Control: Users can control their smart lighting using a dedicated mobile app on their smartphones or tablets. This app may provide features such as on/off control, dimming, color changing (for RGB or color-changing lights), and scene management.
- Voice Control: Integration with voice-activated assistants like Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant is common. This enables users to control their smart lighting using voice commands, adding convenience to the user experience.
- Automation and Scheduling: Clipsal Wiser smart lighting systems often support automation features. Users can set schedules for their lights to turn on or off at specific times, or they can create automation rules based on triggers such as motion sensors or ambient light levels.
- Energy Efficiency: Smart lighting systems are designed to be energy-efficient. Users can monitor and optimize their energy consumption through the system, potentially reducing electricity costs.
- Integration with Other Devices: Clipsal Wiser may integrate with other smart home devices and systems, such as smart thermostats, security cameras, and door/window sensors. This allows for a more comprehensive and interconnected smart home experience.
- Remote Access: Users can often control their smart lighting remotely, providing flexibility and security. This can be especially useful for adjusting lights while away from home.
Voice Activation of Smart Devices
Google Home and Amazon Alexa are popular voice-activated virtual assistants that can be integrated with various smart devices to enable voice control and automation. Here’s how each platform can be used to control smart devices:
- Voice Commands:
- Use voice commands to control your devices. For example:
- “Hey Google, turn on the living room lights.”
- “Hey Google, lock the front door.”
- “Hey Google, start Stranger Things on Netflix”
- Create custom routines to automate multiple actions with a single command. For instance,
- “Good Morning” routine might turn on the lights, adjust the thermostat, and provide a weather update.
- “Start Movie Time” routine might turn off, or dim the lights, turn on a TV and start playing a movie through a streaming service.
Both Google Home and Amazon Alexa continually update their capabilities and integrations, so it’s a good idea to check for updates and explore new features regularly. Additionally, make sure that your smart devices have the latest firmware or software updates to ensure optimal compatibility.
Contact us to discuss your next Smart Home Property Development.
02 4957 8997